Fall represents change and transformation. The busy buzz of the summer starts slowing down, the air goes from a warm wisp to a cool crisp, leaves (except in Florida, sigh) turn from bright green to rich oranges and browns, cold popsicles are traded for hot cocoa, and Fourth of July fireworks for an explosion of Halloween candy.
But most importantly, fall is one of the best times of the year to tie the knot! In fact, the song “Seasons of Love” should just be dedicated to autumn. Like fall, weddings represent change and transformation. If you’re planning to say “I do” in this wonderful weather, here are 15 Ways to Fall in Love.
1) DÉCOR: “Spooky Halloween Centerpiece”
Looking for something pretty and playful? Grab some gnarled, dark branches and counter it with flowers lush in vibrantly orange, red, yellow and green hues.
(Photo Source: Huffington and Cary Pennington Photography)
2) MORE: Want a cute treat for your guests? Autumn would not be complete without caramel apples. Individually wrap each favor and tie it off with a ribbon to go with your wedding color scheme. You might also want to put your guests’ names on each one, so others will be less inclined to take two…or three. No bad apples here!
3) DIY: “5 Minute Autumn Centerpiece” by SAS INTERIORS
Check out this awesome post by SAS INTERIORS! All you need is a drill, inexpensive tea light candles, and a relaxing walk to find a small log. Bring the outdoors inside with a simple, organic and beautiful centerpiece!
4) MORE: It may not be winter yet, but it’s never too early for hot cocoa. Give your family and friends a cup to take home! Fill mini mason jars with coco powder and marshmallows. Feeling adventurous? Toss in a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of caramel. Or ground up some gram crackers and throw in a piece of chocolate for s’mores in a cup!
5) DISH: “Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites” by Yummy Mummy Kitchen
Here’s a small appetizer that packs a big punch. It’s creamy, sweet, tart and has maximum presentation with minimal preparation.
6) DÉCOR: Not interested in crunching over flower petals down the aisle? Worried about tripping over candles lining the runner? Go festive with pumpkins. Easy to use, easy to see, so no hassles and no worries. You can also get a little creative and carve them into jack-o’-lanterns. How cute would a pair of “Mr. & Mrs.” pumpkins be?
7) DIY: “Gilded Leaf Wedding Place Cards” by Polka Dot Bride
Want an “earthy yet elegant” wedding? Here is a project that will be glamorously au naturel, while at the same time help your guests find their seats. So if they’re not at the right chair, they can just leaf! Haha! Haha. Ha…get it? Okay, got it. Moving on.
8) MORE: Just because it’s autumn doesn’t mean you have to default to deep reds, browns and oranges. Looking for a fun contrasting colors like plush purples and opulent golds. Imagine your bridesmaids in plum chiffon dresses with auburn boquets!
9) DISH: “Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip” by Cooking Classy
Three is the magic number for this dish. It takes three ingredients and three minutes! Perfect finger food before the reception.
10) DÉCOR: Want to save big on your wedding day? Use what your Mother (Nature) gave ya! Different colored leaves, branches, acorns, pine cones, pebbles and more can be arranged into beautiful decorations. All you need to pay is a little time to stroll through the woods.
11) DIY: “Easy DIY Outdoor Chandelier” by All Things Heart & Home
Light up your life with this modest and charming chandelier. Great to say your vows beneath while you’re warmed by your loved ones surrounding you.
12) DISH: Not sure if you want an expensive cake? Why not tiers of cupcakes? Go for pumpkin, cinnamon or butterscotch flavors.
13) MORE:Bridal party shots don’t have to be prim and proper. Have some Fall photoshoot fun! Play in the leaves and run free.
(Photo Source: WONDERSTRUCK Event Design)
14) DÉCOR: Just because you’re stepping all over it doesn’t mean it’s not important. Instead of a regular runner, why not grab a fabric marker and let your loved ones write messages on it? So when you’re feeling shy and have to look down while you’re walking down the aisle, you can read a funny quote or two to get that confident smile back on your face.
15) DISH: “Sugared Pecans” by The Gingerbread Blog
Are your guests looking to snack on something salty and sweet? Try this recipe for a bit of autumn in every bite.